Friday, June 19, 2009

Enjoying Sovereignty

Obviously, there are numerous things the Lord has taught me over the past 6 ½ years but I’ll share the 2 that seem to be renewing all the time. One is the foundation of His undeniable sovereignty. He is absolutely in control of our lives and regardless of what happens it is at the extending of His love and grace.

My heart attack was a God thing. It’s interesting that in popular Christianity in America we always say something is a God thing when it looks to us to be a good thing. If God’s ways are not our ways then we have to learn to see things His way. I contend that my heart attack and resulting damage is a grace gift from God.

Actually, I would say that all of life is a grace gift from God. Life is a journey of all kinds of circumstances and, in His sovereignty, every one of them is a gracious gift of God that is predestined to conform us to the image of Christ. We may categorize them as good and bad and in our sight that may be so, but, in the sovereignty of Father, Son, and Spirit every one of them is a special gift particularly designed by God to use for good in our lives. That good is always in the direction of becoming more like Jesus.

That leads me to the second thing I’ve learned from the Lord’s hand of grace and love---Enjoy. Jesus shares His joy with us so that our joy may be full. As a child of the King, life is to be enjoyed. And if we can see that His gifts are being used in our lives to conform us to the image of His Son then WOW! we can live life to its fullest and enjoy His gift of life in every situation.

Life is hard and I go through times of depression and frustration and anger and all the things that go along with living in this fallen earth suit and universe. Yet, even all of those things are His gifts and I can enjoy them. I enjoy life because I’m learning to enjoy Him. If my enjoyment of Him is only experienced when things are going good then what does that say of my relationship with Him. I am to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. My heart is wavering, my soul weary, my mind weak, and my strength is wobbly. Nevertheless, I love Him with all that I am and learning to enjoy all my life with Him.

Thanks for letting me share His forever faithfulness.

No comments: